How to Focus on Preparation and Planning to Achieve Your Business Goals.
To begin with the end in mind, and work backwards, means you have complete clarity and direction on reaching your destination. The tips below will help you focus on improving your strategic planning, to increase sales and profit. Don't just ’work smart’, work smart on the right things and work towards your business goals.
- Be clear on your mission and vision.
- Be clear on the key capabilities of your business.
- Know your market, scan the environment to dig out data.
- The market is more than just your businesses sales. Know how big your market is? Australia? Global?
- What is your market growth? (Percentage change for the past 2 -5 years if available).
- What is your market share?
- Know your market trends, such as the possible growth in demand?
- What are your customer needs? What is the profile of your typical customer?
- Do you know your competitive advantage?
- What is your unique market position?
- What is your businesses position comparative to your two main competitors?
- What is your value proposition?
- Think about the value proposition as a reason why you want a potential customer to buy from you, rather than a competitor.
- Have your conducted a SWOT Analysis? What are your Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats?
- Set goals. The most successful businesses have clear goals and can tell you what they are.
- Set SMART goals. Specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and with a specific time frame.
- Use 90-day block planning including clear targets and goals.
- Outline the specific people in the business responsible for achieving the targets.
- Plan WHO, is doing WHAT, & WHEN.
- List the Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for each person.
- Outlined the top 10 Marketing activities that drive your business.
- Outlined the top 10 Sales activities that drive your business.
- Outline the top 10 Operational / Processes that drive your business.
- Outline three areas of improvement in each division.
One of the biggest problem most of our clients tell us they face. Is they are confused about where to focus their time. Business owners want to know how to achieve more sales. The want to be efficient, keep up with their competitors and be motivated to kick goals every day.
At Virtual Executive we are your sounding board. We ensure you gain complete clarity on the direction of your business. You and your team are focused on achieving your business goals.
We love seeing businesses thrive and get results. Tapping into the expertise of a CEO, board member or executive is no longer just for big multinational companies.
Ultimately, we leave our clients feeling relieved. They see the big picture, they feel secure, and they are excited about achieving their goals.
Speak to one of our experts today, call 1300 88 53 94 or book a complimentary 30-minute introductory session with one of our c-suite experts.
You can download our Free eBook - 101 Ways To Increase Your Sales And Profit on our Home Page. Click Here
Connect with our Founder
Connect with us on twitter